Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Decision Not Regretted!

The beginning of my experience with GVI in Kenya was exciting because I didn’t have any similar experience before. However, when I met other volunteers and the GVI staff, I felt much more comfortable. It was very nice to meet people that share similar point of views and motivations in life which made this experience much easier and more enjoyable.

Fun Times!

In terms of the orphanage in Tumaini and Olives Rehabilitation Center, the first time I saw the children will probably be one of the memories that I will never forget in life. To see children running to you, smiling and trying to hold your hand was the best part of my experience here. Moreover, to feel that they are far more willing to learn than the usual European children usually enables volunteers to be much more ambitious about teaching. To help mothers in the orphanage was on the other hand a different perspective of volunteering in which you can help children with HIV positive not only by just playing with them, but also by cooking food for them and feeding them.

All the little ones!

The Early Morning Begins........

To work in this Project in Kenya was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Although sometimes the work was not so easy, thinking about how valuable and meaningful it was, the exhaustion became actually satisfying. Therefore, I am very happy to be included in this Project and would be willing to do something similar again in my life.

Non-Stop African Rhythm

Cigdem Bagci


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: