Friday, August 13, 2010

My New Future

With a degree in the back pocket, the world was my oyster. Well at least it would have been if I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I had decided to take a year out to decide. Little did I know that coming to Africa would make me realize what I really wanted.

Within the first week of teaching Standard 3 at Olives, I knew it was exactly what I wanted to be doing. Education is so precious and it is when you see schools like Olives and Precious that I was blessed to teach in, you see just how important it is.

Muriel with Ali from Standard 2 at Precious on Sports Day

Everyday was so rewarding. The look on their faces when they finally understood a hard concept makes all the repetition so worth it. They are amazing children who are so willing to learn and to be their “Madam Muriel” has been one of the best experiences of my life.

"Madam Muriel" with her class, Standard 3

Two months later and I’m off home to do a teaching course so it is not the last they will see of me.

Volunteer Muriel teaching her class, Standard 3, at Olives

Bring on 2011!

Muriel, August 2010


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: