Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Keeping busy at lunch time!

Most lunchtimes we go to the local café for lunch or occasionally play games with the local teachers. Last week I decided to take in my laptop to give one of the local teachers a basic computer lesson. As soon as I got it out I had all of the teachers crowding around, eager to learn!


We went online; one of the teachers, Mr Mutunga, already had a Facebook account, but had only ever used it on his phone and his profile picture was a photo of penguins! I took a picture of him, showed him how to transfer it to the computer and set it as his profile picture. He was so happy and said he had never seen his picture on a computer screen before! Mr Griffin was next and he’d never used Facebook, so I set him up an email address and Facebook account and gave him a new profile picture too!

Now all the other teachers want their photos taken and profile pictures uploaded! No more lunches for me at the café for a while then!


Volunteer Kayleigh


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: