Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Precious time

I really enjoyed being here in Mombasa and being together with the children at Precious Vision Care Centre. Which is now set up and running like a proper school. Actually I thought I was coming to work in an orphanage, but us volunteers work as teachers.


The children are so sweet and curious and I LOVE to be with them and help them. I really enjoy providing intensive tutition to those children who need extra help in Maths and English.

I am in the Standard 3 class at Precious and I find it very interesting and love to help and teach the children.


Volunteers also have the option to visit a local youth group at 'The Caves' (a lovely tranquil area) after school and read books with the children.


Also we can go to Olives church and help out in the local adult education class with English, Maths and Computer lessons.

By volunteer, Karina

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: