Friday, May 7, 2010

Back to School!!

Some of the children at Olives School

Wow, what a first week!! I’ve gone from being completely shell shocked to being completely at ease.


Volunteer Lesley with standard 4 class


Who would have thought at the age of 44 I would be sharing bunk beds with 8 other people, teaching English, Science, Creative Arts and absolutely loving it!!

What struck me most as I walked into Olives Rehabilitation Centre is how happy the children are to see us all. My misconception that poverty means unhappiness now totally dispelled.



It doesn't take you long to fall in love with the children and staff at Olives and realizing the more you put in, just how much more you get back.


Volunteer Leigh with some of the children at Olives School.


This will be an experience I will tell the grandchildren!!


Lesley 2010


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: